Northeastern Class of 2011 and NUPRSSA alumni Mike Iamele’s agency, Torch Communications, in Boston is looking for a fall intern:
Torch Communications, a growing communications consultancy with offices in Boston and San Francisco, seeks a fall intern for its Boston office. Interns will provide account support for all Torch Communications accounts. Duties may include monitoring for client coverage, building media lists, researching for current and prospective clients, drafting press releases and pitches, communicating with media contacts, and aiding in brainstorm or strategy meetings. They will be involved in all aspects of client accounts and will have the opportunity to learn a broad range of public relations skills. At Torch Communications, interns are considered critical team members and are given tasks and responsibilities typically reserved for entry-level employees.
- 12-20 hour weekly time commitment (between the hours of 9am and 6pm)
- Classroom and project-based experience in related areas
- Track record of quality writing
- Willingness to learn and research about new subject areas, especially the life sciences and healthcare
- Team-player, able to work well with a small team
- Positive and fun attitude
- Love for rocking out to Rebecca Black on Fridays
Torch Communications is a specialized consulting group serving the communication needs of the disruptive technology, life science, clean energy and health 2.0 communities. With more than three decades of experience at some of the world’s top public relations agencies, we formed Torch Communications to create a new service model better attuned to meet the needs of the innovation economy. For clients large and small we offer the kind of creativity, flexibility and passion for our work that can have a lasting impact.
September 2011-December 2011
To apply, send an updated résumé, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com.