Smarterer is seeking a smart, motivated Social Media & Community Intern. We’re an early-stage consumer web startup based in Boston’s South End, funded by top-tier VCs and angles. This role will give you hands on social media experience, exposure to leaders in the internet industry and insight to the inner workings of a tech startup.
You’ll work closely with our Community Manager and the entire Smarterer team to launch something really big in the consumer web space. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work 15-30 hours per week from our awesome offices in the South End
- Use numerous social media channels to spread the word about Smarterer.
- Monitor social media to discover and analyze what’s being said and who’s saying it in our industry and among our users.
- Contribute to the content that appears on the Smarterer website, blog and social media profiles.
- Research and identify key influencers and community members.
- Evangelize Smarterer to our target communities and gather input, both online and in real life.
- Assist in managing vendor partnership programs and promotional programs.
- Dive into in the tech startup community in Boston. (Events and demos and networking, oh my!)
- Most importantly, you will be learning – we take this seriously, and we’ll work together to ensure that you gain tremendous experience while you are here.
You’re a great candidate for this position if:
- You are passionate about social and digital media and love technology.
- You are a strong writer, work independently and creatively.
- You are excited about being part of a successful consumer web business.
- You have experience using social media either personally or for a previous project or internship
If interested, please send your resume and an email explaining why you’re a great fit for the position to Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t forget include links to your social media profiles. Please note this internship position is unpaid.