Families United in Educational Leadership (FUEL): Spring 2012
Institutional Advancement Intern Job Description:
Families United in Educational Leadership (FUEL) is committed to creating a path to higher education on which low income families can support their children through matched savings. At FUEL, we believe that family ambition is one of the most important factors in educational attainment. We want to expand the focus on educational reform to include families. All FUEL activities culminate in our mission to galvanize communities to foster the ambition of low income families for their children’s higher education. This position will support the communication and development activities of the Institutional Advancement function of FUEL.
Development: Research potential funding sources: prepare spreadsheet of applicable funders with deadlines, process, nature of the fit and guidelines. Support the Director of Grants Development and Administration in preparing packages, creation of emails, writing grants and tracking reports, particularly for our partner La Vida Inc (LV), but also for FUEL as well.
Communications: Undertake follow up list of items that arise from weekly strategy sessions with Elevate Communications. Assist the Chief Operating Officer in executing various institutional advancement projects, much of which will be in support of LV activities but will also be integral to FUEL as well. Assist Communications Manager in the development and maintenance of promotional materials, including newsletters, and flyers, social media and email communication.
– Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
– Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
– Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites
– Strong writing and research skills
– Familiarity with web and social media platforms (WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, RSS)
– Attention to detail
– Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced not for profit environment
For this Internship:
– Compensation: Stipend $1250
– How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Lauren Benyo at email@example.com