Yesterday we spotted this awesome article on PR Daily, and we just knew we had to share it with you! As you might know, if you’re headed into the PR industry, you better have some nifty writing skills under your belt!
To help you out, Shanna Mallon offers up 25 tips to “punch up your writing.” Here are a few of our favorites!
- Cut clutter. If you can make your point faster, do it!
- Use spell check. Seriously! Spelling errors are easy to avoid if you proofread.
- Don’t be afraid of simple sentences. Sometimes these can be some of the most powerful sentences.
- Know your audience. You need to know who you’re writing for. Use jargon only when appropriate.
- Stay inspired. Read websites, blogs, or even magazines that will help you find fresh inspiration.
What are some of your favorite writing tips?